Get your free in-home estimate or drop by our showroom today!
Get Money from the Government to Help With Home Improvements
Check that you meet all the eligibility criteria for the grant, review the requirements, and learn more about the process.
To participate, you must register online on the Greener Homes Grant portal. Up to 700,000 grants will be available.
Your pre-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation is the next step in improving the energy efficiency of your home. This evaluation is required before you undertake your retrofits and will be performed by an NRCan registered energy advisor.
After you receive the EnerGuide evaluation in the portal from your energy advisor, you may review the recommendations for your home retrofits and decide which retrofits work best for your budget and renovation plans.
- You must complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor.
Once you have completed your home retrofits, you can start the reimbursement process. To be reimbursed, you need to book your post-retrofit evaluation and submit all your required documents online or by mail.
Before NRCan finalizes your reimbursement, you will need to confirm your grant total in the portal. This is the last step before you receive your cheque.
What’s Available through the initiative?
For the next 7 years starting in 2020-21, the Federal Government will provide $2.6 billion to Natural Resources Canada to help homeowners improve their home energy efficiency by providing:
- Up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy efficient retrofits to their homes, such as better insulation
- EnerGuide evaluations (worth up to $600) and expert advice to homeowners so they can begin to plan their retrofits
Participating Homeowners are eligible for up to $5,600 total under the initiative
Windows & Doors are eligible for reimbursement when they meet or exceed the approved energy ratings and/or U-factors provided by the government.
To be eligible for the $125 per rough opening, your retrofits must be replaced with windows or sliding glass doors and meet the following qualifications: Windows must be ENERGY STAR certified models:
– U- Factor of 1.22 W/m²K or less OR
– Energy Rating ≥ 34=To be eligible for the $250 per rough opening, your retrofits must be replaced with windows or sliding glass doors and meet the following qualifications: Windows must be ENERGY STAR Most Efficient certified models:
– U- Factor of 1.05 W/m²K or less OR
– Energy Rating ≥ 40